The New Jersey State Police maintains an Internet Registry of certain classifications of sex offenders.
This sex offender Internet registry includes information pertaining to sex offenders determined to pose a relatively high risk of re-offense (tier 3 offenders) and, with certain exceptions, information about sex offenders found to pose a moderate risk of re-offense (tier 2 offenders). The Internet registry excludes any information about offenders determined to present a low risk of re-offense (tier 1 offenders).
The information about moderate and high risk sex offenders which is authorized for disclosure in their web site includes:
- the offender’s name and address, any aliases used by the offender
- any Megan’s Law sex offenses committed by the offender, including a brief description and the date and location of disposition of any such
- a general description of the offender’s modus operandi, if any
- the determination of whether the risk of re-offense by the offender is moderate or high
- the offender’s age, race, sex, date of birth, height, weight, hair, eye color and any distinguishing scars or tattoos
- a photograph of the offender and the date on which the photograph was entered into the registry
- and the make, model, color, year and license plate number of any vehicle operated by the offender.
The Internet registry is continually updated with information about additional registrants added as court orders are issued authorizing Internet disclosure about those individuals.
To access the Sex Offender Online Registry, please access the link below: